Converting Prospects Into Clients with Shawn Finder
Shawn Finder grew up as one of North America’s top tennis players, traveling around the world competing to be the next Andre Agassi. He was told at age 23 that he had to decide to try and become a tennis professional or get an MBA and go down the education route.
Shawn is now the CEO of autoklose.com a sales automation platform that is used by 3000+ sales professionals around the world. He specialises in generating leads and sales strategy implementation. Throughout this interview Shawn provides his first-hand experience for improving sales strategies in a way that benefits all parties, and converts prospects to customers.
Key points of this discussion:
- How Shawn went from playing pro tennis to becoming an entrepreneur
- The issue with poor quality data and how Shawn is working to provide higher quality data to all of his clients
- A look at whether companies are wasting money on data
- Shawn’s perspective on prospecting and the sequences sales professionals should follow
- Employing a 7-8 touch sequence and techniques to make the process effective in building trust with prospects
- Shawn’s approach to email structure, subject lines and engaging new prospects
- Using video in email sequences and how effective it can be
- How to act on live prospects and ensure the process is working
- Adapting the cadence for larger deals with bigger companies
- A humorous approach to closing
- Shawn shares some extra tips around the sales sequence
Steven Norman is an accomplished frontline sales and business leader dedicated to helping B2B sales leaders upgrade their knowledge and skills, build next-generation sales teams and turbo-boost their careers. Over a 25 year career Steven has been responsible for more than US$4 billion of sales with major tech companies such as Dell, NEC and Targus across the Asia Pacific. Recent years of intense B2B sales research and analysis led to the foundation of Growth Acumen, a modern sales and leadership development advisory service. In 2019 Steven released his New Book “Future Proof Sales Strategy.” Seven steps to equip sales leaders with the tools to rise above the complex challenges facing the B2B sales industry.