Effective Sales Coaching with John Hoskins
So many organisations undertake sales training expecting behaviours to change and results to turn around but it rarely happens. But usually within a month the sales team falls back into ingrained habits and sales managers are busy as ever managing the business.
Very few sales managers coach and even fewer coach effectively. John Hoskins shares with us the secrets to driving lasting change in sales organisations through effective and ongoing coaching systems.
Some Key Points of this Discussion:
- The challenges of coaching in today’s environment.
- The importance of coaching in driving lasting change
- Allocating time to coaching and feedback
- The 70/20/10 coaching framework
- Building a coaching plan
- Having a sales system to coach to
- The importance of “ride alongs” for on the spot coaching, call planning, call execution and call post-mortems
- The five levels of salespeople and how managers can categorise their team
- Approx 50% of our salespeople are “technical tellers” who talk too much and lose control of the sale
- The five levels of sales management, and how most managers are stuck in the buddy, parent or boss model
Steven Norman is an accomplished frontline sales and business leader dedicated to helping B2B sales leaders upgrade their knowledge and skills, build next-generation sales teams and turbo-boost their careers. Over a 25 year career Steven has been responsible for more than US$4 billion of sales with major tech companies such as Dell, NEC and Targus across the Asia Pacific. Recent years of intense B2B sales research and analysis led to the foundation of Growth Acumen, a modern sales and leadership development advisory service. In 2019 Steven released his New Book “Future Proof Sales Strategy.” Seven steps to equip sales leaders with the tools to rise above the complex challenges facing the B2B sales industry.