Outbound Sales Best Practices with James Harper
James Harper is the Founder of AgencyFlare, a gritty outbound sales agency that has learned to “punch above their weight class”when it comes to outbound sales. When James was a teenager, his step-father told him to get a sales job because James could sell anything. Fifteen years later, James realized that sales was actually his calling.
Since 2015, James has sold over $3.5 million worth of B2B marketing services and has sold two companies that were both 100% bootstrapped from the ground up. Through his career, James noticed a major lack of quality sales companies that focused on cold prospecting and lead-generation, that also had a passion for providing true actionable B2B sales content: and thus, AgencyFlare was born.
Throughout this episode we cover a lot of ground on today’s best outbound practices and practical tips to help win more qualified meetings and sell with authenticity.
Key Points of This Discussion
- James background and journey into sales
- AgencyFlare and the Company philosophy
- Mistakes sales teams are making with cold prospecting
- Being genuine and more authentic in a virtual setting
- Quality vs quantity outreach and personalisation
- Cost implications of a metrics-driven approach to prospecting
- Sales team culture and how it’s overlooked
- What a good sales process looks like today
- Segmenting top, middle and end of funnel processes
- James’ virtual selling tips
- Specialisation and setting reps up for success
- Practices to get meetings with the right people
- Identifying the “real” customer pain points
A must listen for startups and tech companies who have a high focus on numbers and metrics.
A freebie for salespeople! Subscribe to James’ monthly outbound sales report here www.outboundsalesreport.com