B2B Sales and Marketing Trends in 2021 with Mike Maynard
Mike Maynard is a long term marketing expert of over 20years based in the UK. Mike is the MD of the Napier Agency – who are a $7million marketing and PR company focused on helping B2B tech companies.
Mike is a self-confessed geek who loves talking about technology. He believes that combining measurement, accountability and innovation with a passion for communicating, ensures Napier delivers great campaigns and tangible return on investment.
Mike began his career as an electronics design engineer, working for companies ranging from GEC-Marconi to DDA, developing products from complex radar systems to Kim Wilde’s mixing desk. Mike later joined IDT Inc, an American semiconductor company, making his move into marketing when he switched from European Applications Manager to European Marketing Manager.
In 2001 Mike acquired Napier with Suzy Kenyon. Since that time he has directed major PR and marketing programmes for a wide range of technology clients. He is actively involved in developing the PR and marketing industries, and is Chair of the PRCA B2B Group, and lectures in PR at Southampton Solent University.
Mike offers a unique blend of technical and marketing expertise, and was awarded a Masters Degree in Electronic and Electrical Engineering from the University of Surrey and an MBA from Kingston University.
In this episode we talk about the evolution of B2B marketing, current trends and the importance of sales and marketing alignment.
Key Points of This Discussion
- The background of Mike’s agency – “a baptism of fire”
- The evolution of B2B marketing over the last 20yrs
- The best and worst things that have happened in marketing
- The key components of a solid B2B marketing function
- The importance of sales and marketing alignment
- Mike shares an example of a successful sales and marketing campaign
- Targeting and ABM (Account Based Marketing) trends
- How Mike uses LinkedIn to generate leads in B2B tech
- What salespeople should be doing with marketing in today’s climate
- The impact COVID has had on print publications
- E-book campaigns and leveraging your company blog
- Getting control of your relationship with prospects
- The importance of marketing automation tools