How to Sell via Story-Listening with Mike Adams
Mike is an expert facilitator and story consultant who has helped numerous national and international companies, across many industries, to tap into story-powered sales.
Before working at Anecdote, Mike was the CEO of The Story Leader and had leading marketing and sales roles at Schlumberger, Siemens, Halliburton, Spotless, and GM Minerals and Energy.
Mike has sold more than $1 Billion worth of products and services and has spoken at many major conferences around the world.
Key Points of This Discussion
- Mike’s early emergence into sales
- The epiphany of recognising storytelling as a problem solving tool
- Listening to your customers comments in order to seek stories
- Changing the nature of sales conversations
- Having a deeper conversation with your customers
- An example when story-listening won Mike a multimillion dollar deal
- The consequence of sticking to standard sales talk
- Stories that help your customers close deals
- Handling objections as a story-listening opportunity
- Anecdotes program for sales organisations – “Storytelling for Leaders.”
Steven Norman is an accomplished frontline sales and business leader dedicated to helping B2B sales leaders upgrade their knowledge and skills, build next-generation sales teams and turbo-boost their careers. Over a 25 year career Steven has been responsible for more than US$4 billion of sales with major tech companies such as Dell, NEC and Targus across the Asia Pacific. Recent years of intense B2B sales research and analysis led to the foundation of Growth Acumen, a modern sales and leadership development advisory service. In 2019 Steven released his New Book “Future Proof Sales Strategy.” Seven steps to equip sales leaders with the tools to rise above the complex challenges facing the B2B sales industry.