Tech Sales Leadership for a New Era w/ Tim Sleep & Sean Garvey
They collated their findings into a whitepaper titled Technology Sector MD Insights – The opportunities and challenges of the crisis. How is it affecting our business?
Managing Director Aus & NZ – Odgers Berndtson
In addition to Board and CEO roles, he specialises in the technology and professional services sectors, helping build exceptional Non Executive and executive leadership teams. With over 25 years’ experience in senior executive roles across retail, IT and professional services, Tim is well positioned to understand the characteristics, attributes and skills exceptional leaders require to excel in today’s business environment.
Tim has a BA (Hons) degree from Loughborough University and sits on the Regional Council for RedKite, an Australian charity that supports children and young people with cancer.
Partner & Head of Technology Aus & NZ – Odgers Berndtson
Sean leads the execution of assignments at the Country leadership level for Software Vendors, and has worked extensively building executive leadership teams for System Integrators, Digital Platforms, and Telecommunications companies. Sean has over 20 Years’ experience in executive search, during which time he has worked for the largest multinational firms and also set up his own boutique which specialised in the technology and telco sectors before being bought by another firm.
His early career was spent in Key Account Management working for global brands such as Gossard, Jockey and Lyle & Scott. Sean holds a BA (Hons) in Human Physiology from Birmingham University.
Key Points of This Discussion
- The nature and scope of the technology sector study
- The raw honest concerns of sales leaders and country MD’s
- How decision-making processes have changed, and who’s buying
- How are teams managing their sales activity?
- Balancing underperformers against underperformance
- Mental health awareness becoming part of the weekly cadence
- The extent of leader empathy towards their team
- Communication fatigue – even during lockdown
- Cracking the code of innovative new ideas
- The benefits of executives being more available
- Is face to face really better than online? How teams are finessing the zoom world
- Death of the hero leader
- The qualities of an effective leader today
- Headcount versus productivity
- Some of the best remote management ideas that were shared or observed during the survey
Steven Norman is an accomplished frontline sales and business leader dedicated to helping B2B sales leaders upgrade their knowledge and skills, build next-generation sales teams and turbo-boost their careers. Over a 25 year career Steven has been responsible for more than US$4 billion of sales with major tech companies such as Dell, NEC and Targus across the Asia Pacific. Recent years of intense B2B sales research and analysis led to the foundation of Growth Acumen, a modern sales and leadership development advisory service. In 2019 Steven released his New Book “Future Proof Sales Strategy.” Seven steps to equip sales leaders with the tools to rise above the complex challenges facing the B2B sales industry.