The Perfect Close with James Muir Part 1
Joining me on the Future Proof Selling Podcast this episode is James Muir, Founder and CEO of Best Practice International, and the bestselling author of the #1 book on closing sales – The Perfect Close. With over 30 years experience in sales as well as having served in every role; James has become a highly valued sales resource.
James has extensive background in healthcare where he has worked with some of the largest names in technology and healthcare including HCA, Tenet, Catholic Healthcare, Banner, Dell, IBM and others.
In this episode James and I explore:
- How manipulative sales techniques could be killing your sales
- James’s personal perspective on closing and what it means to him
- Definitions for advances and continuations in the sales space
- Problems that may arise from clumsy closing
- Being smart with closing techniques to avoid tarnishing clients trust
- The importance of intent over technique
- The secret weapon that sales people don’t realise they have
- 3 questions you should ask to put your core planning to the test
- Examples of how James provides value to clients
- A look at the customers potential actions and how to build engagement to drive a sale
- Understanding what you can and can’t control in the sales space
You can check James out at the links below –
James Muir – Website
James Muir – LinkedIn
Steven Norman is an accomplished frontline sales and business leader dedicated to helping B2B sales leaders upgrade their knowledge and skills, build next-generation sales teams and turbo-boost their careers. Over a 25 year career Steven has been responsible for more than US$4 billion of sales with major tech companies such as Dell, NEC and Targus across the Asia Pacific. Recent years of intense B2B sales research and analysis led to the foundation of Growth Acumen, a modern sales and leadership development advisory service. In 2019 Steven released his New Book “Future Proof Sales Strategy.” Seven steps to equip sales leaders with the tools to rise above the complex challenges facing the B2B sales industry.